Expressions of Interest
Casual Appointment to the Skate Australia Board
The Skate Australia Board is seeking Expressions of Interest from current financial members to fill a Casual Vacancy for 1 year until the next Annual General Meeting.
ROLE, RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
The Board of Skate Australia Inc provides leadership and governance for the operation of Skate Australia Inc. as a National Sporting Organisation recognised by the Australian Sports Commission. As a Board member you are expected to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of governance requirements for a National Sporting Organisation;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Board’s legal responsibility including the individual directors’ legal duties and responsibility in relation to ASIC;
- Contribute to the operational management of Skate Australia’s day to day business, as assigned;
- Contribute to Board discussion, as required, including formulation of new policies and procedures, issues resolution and financial approvals;
- Must be comfortable and willing to use electronic communication:
- Board meetings are often held via Skype (or in Brisbane with reasonable expenses reimbursed);
- Must be contactable by email (as a minimum) and phone for all communication and to respond in a timely manner; and
- Sign a confidentiality agreement, which is required for all Board members.
- Able to act with integrity, ethically, and putting the organisation’s interests before personal interests. Must declare any conflicts of interest;
- Active supporter of the goals and objectives of Skate Australia;
- Be an active contributor with a genuine interest in the organisation; and
- Collaborate and function as an effective team member of the Board
- Management experience;
- Financial management or audit experience;
- Corporate governance;
- Board experience including Board committees (e.g. audit and finance, risk, etc);
- Previous involvement with Not for Profit organisations;
- Interest in sport and sport management.
If you are interested, please send a one page resume and covering letter with your contact details and your response to the questions below, to email@example.com by 4:00pm Friday 18th November 2016.
- What skills do you contribute to the Skate Australia Board?
- Why do you wish to be appointed to the Skate Australia Board?