Exciting news for all Roller Derby members
World Roller Games 2017
About 2 weeks ago, we wrote to all League Presidents with exciting news about the upcoming World Roller Games in Nanjing, China. We’ve also been posting quite a lot of news on RDA facebook.
FIRS have invited Skate Australia to send a women’s team to an Inter-Continental Tournament:
- USA representing North America
- Spain representing Europe
- Japan representing Asia
- Australia representing Oceania
The Inter-Continental Tournament will be held 1 -4 September 2017 during the World Roller Games in Nanjing.
FIRS is sending a trainer to Australia to run a FIRS rules technical clinic in Brisbane, 17 & 18 June and one in Darwin 20 & 21 June.
- Anyone interested in being selected for the Australian team must attend one of these clinics.
- Selections will be conducted during the clinics, and selected players will receive offers with cost estimates and travel dates.
- We will be seeking acceptances with a deposit payment of around $200. This is because we have to commence visa applications and other processing required by Chinese organisers.
In addition, we have also advertised for a team manager and a coach for the team.
- All expressions of interest must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 9/6/17 and providing your background and experience as a Roller derby team manager or coach
We know people are usually too modest to put their hand up, but hey you never know unless you give it a go – you seriously could be part of the inaugural WRG Australian Women’s Roller Derby Team
If any of the above is of interest, see more information below:
FIRS Technical Clinics – Brisbane and Darwin
Brisbane 17 June 2017 , 10am to 5pm (Eagles Sports Stadium, Weedon St, Mt Gravatt)
18 June 2017, 8am to 4pm (Top rink, Digiskate, Hillcrest)
Darwin 20-21 June 2017, 5.30pm to 9.30pm (Marrara Indoor Sporting Complex)
Everyone is welcome (i.e. all adults and competent Junior members from 15yo) .
Non-members registration fee includes once-only event fee.
To be eligible for selection for the Australian Women's Roller Derby team for the World Roller Games 2017, you must attend this clinic.
There are on-rink sessions and all attendees must bring all skating equipment, including skates, safety equipment, etc