Statement Released 14 March 2020
FOR THE IMMEDIATE ATTENTION OF:
• ALL SKATE AUSTRALIA NATIONAL DISCIPLINE CHAIRS
• AFFILIATED STATE ASSOCIATIONS & STATE PRESIDENTS
• AFFILIATED SKATE AUSTRALIA VICTORIA DISCIPLINE CHAIRS
• SKATE AUSTRALIA BOARD
• SKATE AUSTRALIA ANTI DOPING OFFICER
Hello to all State and Branch Executive Committee Members, Skate Australia Clubs and Skate Australia Members:
I would like to reassure all of our members that we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus situation and its possible impact on our sports.
As the situation is constantly evolving, the most up to date advice and information pertaining to high performance sporting environments can be found at the AIS webpage. This is an excellent resource created by the AIS in partnership with Sport Australia, the Australian Olympic Committee and Paralympics Australia. It is updated regularly and provides information across a number of areas, including travelling to sporting events, athletes arriving or returning to Australia, and FAQ’s relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Whilst the information primarily talks to Olympic and Para Olympic sports and athletes the information is extremely valid across sport at all levels.
The Website also links to other sources of information including the Australian Government Department of Health and the WHO situation reports.
For your reference the latest fact sheet from the Australian Government Department of Health v12 issued Friday 13 March 2020 is attached as well as a Hand Hygiene fact sheet.
In addition to the information provided we ask that these further guidelines are followed in order to keep as healthy as possible. Until further notice, please do NOT attend any Skate Australia sanctioned events or meetings if:
• you have visited any of the delcared zones in the past 14 days
• you have been in contact with anyone who has been travelling in those zones or concerned you may have been in contact with anyone that has Coronavirus
• you have even the slightest sniffle or cold
If you are in any doubt about your health, we would ask that you err on the side of caution and self-isolate.
For those of you in team sports hand hygiene is critical. We recommend that you do not shake hands at the end of games. Keep your gloves on and tap each others gloves as a sign of sportsmanship and respect.
For those of you involved in international teams and/or Olympic Qualification Events, World Skate are monitoring the situation on a daily basis. The following World Skate events have already been cancelled or suspended until further notice:
• 23-28 March – Skateboarding: SLS Las Vegas USA – CANCELLED
• 27-29 March – Inline Speed: European Cup Gijon SPAIN – CANCELLED
• 03-05 April – Inline Speed: European Cup Lagos PORTUGAL – CANCELLED
• 03-05 April – Roller Freestyle: FISE Hiroshima JAPAN -SUSPENDED
• 05 April – Inline Speed: Marathon WC Lima PERU – SUSPENDED
• 05-11 April – Skateboarding: 5* Street & Park Lima PERU – SUSPENDED
• 06-07 April – Inline Speed: Indoor Seminar Orlando USA – SUSPENDED
• 13-19 April – Skateboarding: 5* Street & Park Yancheng CHINA – SUSPENDED
• 14-19 April – Skateboarding: 5* Street Nanjing CHINA – SUSPENDED
• 17-19 April- Inline Speed: European Cup Geisingen GERMANY – CANCELLED
• 24-26 April – Inline Speed: European Cup Groß Gerau GERMANY – CANCELLED
• 28 April-03 May – Skateboarding: SLS Bejing CHINA- CANCELLED
• 30 April-02 May – Artistic: European Championship Show & Precision – SUSPENDED
Skate Australia is mindful that the situation with CoVid-19 is constantly changing and that the Australian Government is updating and implementing new advice on a daily basis, therefore we recommend checking back with the Department of Health website regularly.
We will endeavour to keep you updated as information is provided to us.
SKATE AUSTRALIA INC
Coronavirus-COVID-19 – What You Need to Know v12